If you have peripheral neuropathy, an estimated 20 million Americans share the same diagnosis, pain, discomfort, and muscle weakness. You can successfully treat peripheral neuropathy naturally at home.
While conventional medicine provides questionable results by treating you with medications with a long list of side effects such as Effoxor XL (an antidepressant) and Lyrica (an anti-seizure medication). You can halt the progression of peripheral neuropathy and ease symptoms safely and easily in your own home.
Peripheral Neuropathy – What Causes it and Why?
Peripheral neuropathy is caused by damage to the vital pathway to communicate information from the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system) and the rest of your body. Neuropathy is defined to damage or disease of your nerves.
Have you ever gotten a bad connection on your cell phone and were unable to hear the person on the other end? Your nerves need a good connection as well to relay the correct messages within our body.
When the nerves are damaged, the message gets mixed up resulting in symptoms such as:
- Muscle weakness
- Body parts becoming overly sensitive to touch
- Prickling Feeling (parasthesia)
- Muscle degeneration
- Burning pain (typically a night)
- Disrupt digestion
- Excessive urination
There are many reasons people develop peripheral neuropathy. The most common cause of peripheral neuropathy in the US is from diabetes – learn how to naturally reverse your type 2 diabetes. Other causes are:
- Physical injury or trauma from sports injuries, car accidents, or falls
- Repetitive stress lead to neuropathy through compression of the nerves. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a great example.
- Unbalanced hormone levels, including insufficient thyroid hormone levels and overproduction of growth hormone (learn how to balance your hormones)
- Cancer – from the tumor itself or medications like chemo
- Small vessel disease can cause damage by starving nerves of oxygen
- Toxins from medications, our environment and heavy alcohol use
- Infections can attack and damage the nerves like HIV, Lyme disease, herpes, West Nile Virus
- Autoimmune diseases can cause temporary or permanent peripheral neuropathy
- And many more
Peripheral neuropathy can have many causes and is a complex disease. If your neuropathy is caused by diabetes – check out the FREE diabetes summit coming up. It’s free to register and free to listen – there is so much great information about naturally treating and even reversing your diabetes.
If you had a water leak under your kitchen sink, you wouldn’t just clean up the water right? First you would shut off the water and figure out what was causing the leak – then fix it. The same goes for our body. Just like the water leak, we need to understand what caused the peripheral neuropathy. Stop the water leak first (the cause of peripheral neuropathy), then clean up the water (manage symptoms). If you don’t stop the leak – your symptoms will continue to progress.
If your peripheral neuropathy is because of a disease such as diabetes, getting the disease under control is essential. If you have diabetes, there are ways to cure Type 2 diabetes and type 1 diabetes can be stopped and even reversed. You need to take action now to properly manage your peripheral neuropathy.
If your hormones are out of balance – rebalance them. A great side effect is you will also lose weight, have more energy, clear thinking, and improve your complexion.
Get to the root cause of your peripheral neuropathy and stop that leak!!
Natural Treatments That Work
I was shocked to read one of the treatments for peripheral neuropathy
“Plasma exchange involves removing your blood, then removing antibodies and other proteins from the blood and returning the blood to your body.” From the Mayo Clinic
Remove all your blood and put it back in!!! That is crazy. I knew there had to be other options. Something far less invasive to get your body working properly again.
It turns out changes to your lifestyle and diet has a dramatic positive effect on peripheral neuropathy.
- Eat a whole foods diet (eliminating processed foods and if diabetic avoiding sugar)
- Regular exercise especially light weight lifting to reduce muscle wasting and improve strength (swimming is another great way to improve strength without injury)
- Maintain a healthy weight – find out if you are a healthy weight here
- Rebalance your hormones – I strongly suggest to everyone
- Bloodwork to test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies and correct them (most of us have some deficiencies)
- Avoid toxins and limit alcohol consumption – toxins hide in our food, water, cleaners, carpets, clothing, shampoo, soaps, tobacco products, pesticides, etc.
Herbs, Supplements and Other Natural Methods to Help Ease Symptoms
In addition to the natural treatments above, herbs and supplements boost your healing even further. They can halt and reverse peripheral neuropathy.
- Magnesium is great to calm the nervous system. I love magnesium for so many reasons – most Americans are magnesium deficient.
- For those with diabetes induced peripheral neuropathy, ALA (alpha lipoic acid) is an amazing antioxidant found in every cell of our body that helps to generate energy.
- B-complex vitamins will help if a B6 deficiency is contributing to your peripheral neuropathy (maximum dosage is 100 micrograms/day).
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are both high in GLA – Gamma Linolenic Acid. GLA can halt the progression of peripheral neuropathy by preventing nerve damage.
- ALA (Acetyl-l-carnitine) regenerates your nerve fibers, helps your nerves work properly, and eases pain
- Colloidal silver may assist nerves with regeneration as suggested in studies from Hungary.
- Cayenne can be massaged into the skin to ease pain
- Digestive enzymes help flush away plaque and bring the circulation back to your feet and hands. Take them 2-3 times a day without food.
- Castor oil has helped with symptoms in some patients
- Fish oil suppliments have a natural anti-inflammatory affect
- Acupuncture has helped 80% of the patients of this acupuncturist.
- Message and relaxation therapy have been helpful
How Many People are Becoming Free From Neuropathy
Recently I stumbled upon an ebook called Neuropathy Solution – based upon a 6 step program that Dr. Randall C. Labrum used to heal his own neuropathy and has been neuropathy free for several years.
I think getting to the root cause of peripheral neuropathy can be a challenge, especially when there is more than one factor causing it. Dr. Labrum breaks things down simply and in an easy to understand fashion.
He gives real life solutions to peripheral neuropathy and has plenty of testimonials to back up his 6 step program as well as a 60 day money back guarantee.
You no longer need to cope with your peripheral neuropathy. There are natural steps you can take to ease your symptoms and reverse the progression of this disease.
Stop living with the pain and discomfort – take action and give Dr. Labrum’s Neuropathy Solution a try today! With a 60 day money back guarantee, all you have to lose is your peripheral neuropathy!! Here is my full review of the program.